Sunday, November 1, 2009

Welcome!


Welcome to my new blog. I’m going to be using this site to document my foray into the world of digital photography.

I recently bought a Nikon D5000 camera with 2 lenses, a standard 18 -55mm and a 70-200mm. Right now I currently borrow my step-dads Speedlight SB-600. But I’ll be buying one of my own soon. (hint hint xmas is coming.. hint hint!!)

So far I’ve just been messing with the camera, getting a feel for its different settings, what one setting does verses another one. I’ve also been trying to get used to using the tripod. Have to admit though, it is rather cumbersome. Might just be the type I have or the lack of a strap to carry it on my back while I wander around. I’m sure I’ll either get used to it or buy a new one in the New Year.

I’m going to be signing up for a course on my camera at Henry’s school of imaging for the 14th of November. I’ll let everyone know how that goes. J It’s not a super fancy course. I think it’s mostly a “how-to” kind of thing that explains the menus and some basic photography standards.

I have a Flickr account that has all my photos on it. (www.flickr.com/photos/empy08) Well not all, just the ones I deemed somewhat decent. The best out of each set etc. I’ve gone to the beach that is near where I live, been to a wedding where I met a new friend and photographer that has already given me some great hints and tips and websites to check out, took pictures of my dad’s new Harley Davidson Motorcycle (I like the way the sun caused the highlights on the black paint in a lot of the shots), spent an afternoon at Mount Pleasant Cemetary looking for old sculptures and other interesting things to shoot (it was Halloween after all), and me showing off my camera to my technogramps (we went to graphic school together. He’s pretty damn amazing! Love you Gramps)

I’m not sure what kind of photography I want to really get into. I love nature and animals so that will definitely be on the table. I want to take lots of courses and learn the trade. I’m like a sponge and just can’t wait to know more about this subject. I guess as I discover more the more I can decide. Candid portraits are awesome tooJ.

All this from the girl that hates having her photo taken, got to love being behind the camera. Really, you do!

Until next time,
Jenn M.


No comments:

Post a Comment